- 23 June 2021
- By: admin
- in: News
Here are a few tips and tricks to make your video/virtual meetings more productive. Start by setting up your home “office” and then learn how to use Zoom.
1. Use virtual backgrounds to hide chaos
Upload a nice background or video to help you hide background clutter and other visual distractions, especially if you are working in a less-than-ideal space.
2. Hold the spacebar to temporarily unmute
Mute your device permanently during large meetings to block off unexpected noise, such as children in the background. You can quickly unmute yourself by holding the spacebar on your keyboard as you speak.
3. Screen sharing
On a Zoom meeting, anyone can share their screen without having to pass on the controls. You can share your entire desktop or any application, making it easy to collaborate.
Use the whiteboard feature to brainstorming or illustrate a point or issue or breakdown a complex situation. Save your whiteboards and share them with participants after the meeting.
5. Annotating over shared content
Make sure you leverage the co-annotation capabilities to simplify collaboration, or help guide your participants as to what they should be focusing on whilst screen sharing.
6. Leverage in-meeting chat to share files
The in-meeting chat is a great way to share links or resources that are discussed in the meeting without interrupting the ongoing conversation. You can share to the entire meeting or privately to one specific person.
7. Enable “Touch Up My Appearance” for a subtle video enhancement
Not enough sleep last night? No problem, this feature will help to reduce under-eye baggage and mild skin blemishes, giving you a more polished look – once enabled, we bet you won’t turn this feature off again!
8. Recording and audio transcription
Were some participants not available to join your meeting? No worries. Simply record the meeting to the cloud and share it with everyone after. You can also enable audio transcription to convert the conversation of the meeting into a text file; anyone watching the recording can search for a keyword to jump straight to the section they have missed.
9. Secure your meetings
We encourage everyone to protect their meetings and to ensure privacy with Zoom’s security features:
- Lock your meeting and require a password to join
- Enable the Waiting Room feature and admit/boot users only when you’re ready to have them join
- Restrict meeting participants to only authenticated users with the same domain
- Enable a watermark on audio and video if your meeting content is sensitive
- Limit screen sharing to content from a specific application rather than your entire desktop, so participants can’t accidentally get eyes on something they shouldn’t.